Barcelona terminate Braithwaite´s contract

Barcelona and Martin Braithwaite have agreed to terminate the contract of the Denmark striker.

The 31-year-old joined the club from Leganes in February 2020, with Barca having been granted an emergency extension to complete the signing outside of the transfer window following an injury to Ousmane Dembele.

Braithwaite made an impact in the 2020-21 season, scoring a brace in the Champions League against Dynamo Kyiv, but an injury last term led to an extended absence.

He returned from fitness to be informed he was no longer required at Camp Nou, with Barcelona pushing to terminate the forward s deal throughout the window in order to free up new recruits to be registered.

Agreement to terminate Martin Braithwaite s contract with FC Barcelona

— FC …

World Cup draw: Flick bullish after Germany are drawn to face Spain

Hansi Flick says Germany have high expectations of making a big impact in the 2022 World Cup despite being drawn in a tough group that includes Spain.

Die Mannschaft discovered at a ceremony in Doha on Friday that they will face Spain, Japan and either Costa Rica or New Zealand in Qatar later this year.

Spain hammered Germany 6-0 the last time the two nations met in the Nations League in November 2020, while Japan reached the round of 16 in the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Flick will take charge of his country for the first time in a major tournament and although he knows Germany s draw could have been kinder, the former Bayern Munich boss is confident his side can make a big impact.

He said: It is an exciting and interesting group, the tasks are not easy.…

Moyes: Manchester United making right transfer moves under Solskjaer

David Moyes believes Manchester United are starting to return to a transfer policy reflective of the club s values of old.

United have made two signings since the end of last season, both players aged 21.

Daniel James first joined from Swansea City and Aaron Wan-Bissaka followed in a reported £45million move from Crystal Palace.

Ex-United manager Moyes commended new boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on the approach after being left confused by the signings of recent seasons.

They have now chosen to sign some young players and when you look back they signed Wayne Rooney from us at ­Everton aged 18, Moyes told the Mirror.

Cristiano Ronaldo was also 18 when he joined, so over the years they have had a policy of signing young players and many of them ha…

Salah contract talk not a distraction – Klopp

Jurgen Klopp insisted talk about Liverpool star Mohamed Salah s contract would not be a distraction.

Salah has a deal at Anfield until 2023, but his future has become a talking point after he refused to rule out a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona in an interview with AS last month.

While Liverpool have struggled for consistency and sit fourth in the Premier League, Salah has netted 13 times to be the top goalscorer in the competition.

Ahead of Sunday s FA Cup clash against Manchester United, Klopp said he had no doubt about Salah s focus despite talk about his future.

It s not that [players] go out and [volunteer] to talk about the things we think are important. It s pretty rare that that happens, the Liverpool manager told reporters.

We get ask…

Napoli have discussed Lukaku transfer, reveals De Laurentiis

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis revealed he has discussed the possibility of signing Romelu Lukaku, but put talk of a bid being made down to a ploy to drive up the Manchester United striker s valuation.

The Belgium international appears to be on his way out of Old Trafford in the closing stages of the transfer window after losing his place to Marcus Rashford in the second half of last season.

Lukaku, not used in any of United s six pre-season friendlies, has previously talked up a dream move to Serie A and is wanted by Inter and Italian champions Juventus.

But Inter were unable to agree a fee for the 26-year-old and Juve s hopes of signing him reportedly depend on Paulo Dybala agreeing to head the opposite way as part of a player-plus-cash deal.

World Cup winner Rami retires from international football

Adil Rami has announced his retirement from international football after winning the World Cup with France on Sunday.

Marseille centre-back Rami made his France debut back in 2010 and has played 35 times for his country.

Despite getting to be a member of Didier Deschamps squad in Russia, the 32-year-old did not actually get on to the pitch during the tournament.

Nevertheless, he still feels a part of the team s success following the gruelling days of training and has now decided to go out on a high.

Speaking to TF1, Rami said: The France team is over for me.

And, when talking to RMC Sport, he added:  Even if I did not play, I had to be ready at all times to play 90 minutes.

I trained twice a day. The team was huge, I do not have word…

Brighton 0-2 Liverpool: Major talking points as Reds secure vital points amid Salah uncertainty

The title race in the Premier League continues as normal for Liverpool, who managed to secure fresh three points by beating Brighton and Hove Albion at the Amex on Saturday, courtesy of goals from Luis Diaz in the 19th minute and Mohamed Salah s penalty execution in the 61st.

Victory shrouded in Salah uncertainty

However, the general feeling of triumph in the Liverpool camp this weekend may have been a bit paler than usual in light of the latest developments surrounding the future of Salah.

It had been reported many times over the last few months that securing the future of the Egyptian at the club was the No. 1 priority, ahead of any potential signing from elsewhere. But it was also very strange that no report of progress in the talks between the club and the player s…

Pepe to Arsenal: How the Gunners´ biggest buys have fared

Arsenal s £72million signing of in-demand forward Nicolas Pepe not only smashed the club s transfer record but also represented a statement of intent.

The Gunners have not won the Premier League since 2004 but will be hopeful the arrival of Pepe can help them bridge the gap between themselves and the likes of Manchester City and Liverpool.

The 24-year-old Ivory Coast international dazzled in Ligue 1 last term, scoring 22 goals in 38 appearances and adding a host of assists as Lille finished second.

Pepe s capture should ensure Arsenal, who can already call upon the quality of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette, are a constant attacking threat.

Welcome to The Arsenal, Nicolas Pepe 

— Arsenal (@Arsenal)

A…

Cody Gakpo talks Darwin Nunez and competition to lead Liverpool attack (Video)

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp usually chooses between Cody Gakpo and Darwin Nunez when he picks his starting centre-forward, and the competition between the two is obviously a good thing.

Speaking to the press ahead of their Europa League clash with LASK Linz, Gakpo spoke about his rivalry with the Uruguayan.

He s doing great

Cody Gakpo enjoying the competition with Darwin Núñez to lead Liverpool s forward line

— Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL)

Smalling: United confidence could not be higher for Liverpool

Chris Smalling says Manchester United s confidence could not be any higher ahead of their crucial match with Liverpool on Sunday.

The two teams meet at Old Trafford with United on fine form, the 2-0 EFL Cup semi-final first-leg win over Hull City on Tuesday their ninth consecutive victory across all competitions.

Liverpool are in the other semi-final against Southampton and play their first leg at St Mary s Stadium on Wednesday prior to meeting in-form United, with Smalling optimistic about blunting their rivals attack.

Before facing Reading on Saturday we knew that we had three games in three different competitions, Smalling told MUTV.

We knew that if we could keep the winning run going then we couldn t have more confidence going into one of the big…