Rangers have expressed “regret” at the fans’ pyrotechnics display at Dens Park last month as they warned of potential sanctions against the club if further incidents occur.
The cinch Premiership game against Dundee on November 1 was delayed by 45 minutes after the Gers team bus was held up in traffic and then suspended for 18 minutes after the travelling supporters let off a large number of flares that triggered fire alarms under the stand.
Rangers have been subject to an SPFL investigation and ahead of the home game against St Mirren on Sunday, a Rangers statement read: “As everyone at Rangers FC prepares for a massive month of fixtures, the club reminds supporters the use of pyrotechnics is not only dangerous, but also illegal within sports stadia.
Club…
Paris Saint-Germain are in talks with RB Leipzig over the possibility of signing Nordi Mukiele this summer, according to Fabrizio Romano.
Newly appointed PSG boss Christophe Galtier is apparently keen to bring a right-back in to provide proper competition for Achraf Hakimi; neither 20-year-old Thierno Balde nor 19-year-old Timothee Pembele, who is currently out with an ACL tear, have been able to properly challenge the Morocco international for the place in the team.
The Ligue 1 champions are believed to have been watching Mukiele for some time, and Galtier feels the 24-year-old, who made his debut as a senior France international last September, is the right man to solve the issue. The personal terms between PSG and Mukiele have already been agreed, and the talks betwe…
Despite Arsene Wenger s insistence he would stay until the end of the season, Alexis Sanchez has ditched Arsenal and headed north for greener pastures.
The writing had been on the wall for Arsenal and Wenger long before Manchester United broke the news on Monday, with mumblings of the Chilean s discontent starting as far back as December 2016.
Back then, when contract negotiations were reportedly starting to become protracted, Wenger was defiant in the face of speculation, adamant both Sanchez and Mesut Ozil were not going to be allowed to leave before the expiration of their contracts in June 2018. He was the boss and he was going to have his way.
But, fast forward 13 months and the Frenchman has been forced to watch helplessly as his star man surely frustrat…
Mauricio Pochettino admitted the pressure to perform is massive at Chelsea after the Blues’ lacklustre performance during their 2-1 defeat at Manchester United.
The Blues failed to build on Sunday’s 3-2 victory over Brighton when they fell to Scott McTominay’s late header at Old Trafford on Wednesday.
The Chelsea boss acknowledged that the expectations on his shoulders are high, but reiterated that success is only a matter of time.
The latest team news from Cobham ahead of our trip to Everton.
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC)
Speaking ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League clash at Everton on Sunday, Pochettino said: “We can not forget that we are at Chelsea and the pressure is massive. It is about to win and when we don’t win, we feel the pre…
Chelsea are close to reaching an agreement with Barcelona over the transfer of Frenkie de Jong, according to .
It remains to be seen, however, whether the midfielder himself would accept a move to Stamford Bridge. He apparently turned down the chance to join Manchester United, being unconvinced over their project and keen to play Champions League football. The latter, at least, is something Chelsea do have to offer, but there is still the dispute between De Jong and Barcelona over deferred wages to be resolved. It it said the Catalan club owe the Netherlands international around £17 million and he isn t willing to leave the club until the amount is paid in full.
Barcelona appear, however, determined to wriggle out of that and they ve contacted De Jong to inform him tha…
Former Bayern Munich midfielder Mario Basler claims that Carlo Ancelotti has signed a contract with a Chinese club and could leave the German giants in January.
Ancelotti is already under pressure after seeing his side suffer a surprise 2-0 defeat to Hoffenheim on Saturday.
And Basler, who left Bayern in 1999 after a three-year stint, believes that the Italian may have already manufactured an exit strategy.
I have been told that Ancelotti has signed with a Chinese club, he told German talk show Sport1.
From what I understand, he could leave as soon as January because that is when the season in China starts.
Just sleeps until our adventure starts! It s time to get training with those footballs!
— FC Bayern English (@FCBa…
Ange Postecoglou has warned Tottenham defender Cristian Romero that his tackles will be under the spotlight for the rest of the season.
Romero only returned from a three-match ban for his red card against Chelsea earlier this month but faced criticism on Sunday for a poor challenge on Callum Wilson towards the end of Spurs’ 4-1 win over Newcastle.
VAR did review the incident, which stayed as a caution, but if Romero had been sent off, he would have faced a four-match suspension and that would have further depleted a Tottenham team already without eight first-team players for Friday’s trip to Nottingham Forest.
Ange provides us with a team news update ahead of
— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial)
Postecoglou said: “It’s fair to say the…
Paul Smyth marked his first start for Northern Ireland with a goal and an assist as they saw off San Marino 3-0, but although Michael O’Neill’s side ended a five-game losing streak it was a largely drab affair at Windsor Park.
QPR striker Smyth, earning a sixth cap, got his first competitive goal for his country just five minutes in and then teed up Josh Magennis to get the second moments later, but it took until the 81st minute for Northern Ireland to get a third as substitute Conor McMenamin got his maiden strike.
Victory over a side ranked 207th and last in the world will do nothing to solve the bigger problems that have plagued Northern Ireland throughout a miserable Euro 2024 qualifying campaign and beyond, but it does at least change the narrative as they recor…
In an interview with Danish newspaper , Christian Eriksen of Tottenham Hotspur has revealed that he feels ready for a new chapter in his career.
The attacking midfielder has a year remaining on his current contract, and having failed to reach an agreement with the club over a new one, his future has been a subject of much speculation in recent months.
For a long time, Eriksen refused to be drawn on the matter, but now he has finally spoken his mind. He has every respect for what has been going on at Spurs for the last several years, which culminated in the team reaching this season s Champions League final. However, he feels he is ready to try something new in his career, and hopes that the situation will be resolved quickly.
Spanish journalist about two month…
Verdict: Barcelona to win by 3 goals or more
Best Odds:
Bookmaker:
Following the shock defeat in the first leg of their Copa del Rey quarter-final clash, Barcelona will be under pressure when they take on local rivals Espanyol at Camp Nou. Los Periquitos, on the other hand, have a unique chance to eliminate their more illustrious opponents from a major competition, but they, nonetheless, face a difficult task.
Barcelona
This season has been going really well for Barcelona, who managed to excel in all the competitions entered, but that will not matter much if the Catalans fail to enjoy a strong finish to the campaign. The La Liga trophy already appears to be in the bag, meaning head coach Ernesto Valverde will be able to shift focus to the Champions Le…